Topic

Video: Mocha Whey protein shake for fast, easy, compact, easy-to-pack breakfast

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Video: Mocha Whey protein shake for fast, easy, compact, easy-to-pack breakfast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kurt Papke

@kwpapke

Locale: Upper Midwest

I've been frustrated for years with how long it took me to break camp in the morning. A lot of time was going into prepping and eating breakfast. I've been working a while on a protein shake breakfast that would stick to my ribs and save time. This one work pretty well. It's not the lightest breakfast on the planet, but it hangs with you for hours, and fits into a corner of a food bag or bear canister. FWIW: Click here for the video –Kurt

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Personally, I find looking at the sunrise and contemplating a new day while I eat a nice solid breakfast (MYOG muesli, very solid) to be one of the better parts of the day. We don't dawdle, but we don't rush. My 2c. Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

"My 2c." Make that 4c.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Still, it does sound tasty. So much so that I had to go make some mocha "ice cream" in my Vitamix after watching the video….

Kevin Buggie
    BPL Member

@kbug

Locale: NW New Mexico

I've never once missed leaving the spoon out of my breakfast menu; liquids/slurries for me! Also able to still savor the sunrises… Thanks to the OP for posting

Kurt Papke

@kwpapke

Locale: Upper Midwest

I find the sunrise from the trail to be as good or better than the view from my campsite with a spoon in a bowl of oatmeal ;-) I'm sure there have been several threads on this topic: the "best", i.e. most protected campsites are often the ones with the worst view. When I have selected a campsite on the basis of "great view", I've often regretted it because it is so exposed and I ended up listening to the wind howl all night long. Having my shake while I break camp allows me to hike to a great view and take a break/snack at a nice vista. Just my $0.02 worth!! Cheers, –Kurt

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Looks dee-lishous and noo-trishous! Thanks for the great ideas. I subscribed to your channel and look forward to more!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools