Topic

Nail clipping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nail clipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

For some reason I have toenails that tend to grow in these freakish spurts, sometimes when I am out for quite a few days. I was wondering if anyone has found a lighter weigh to cut your nails other than nail clippers and using scissors. Ripping them off really is not an option anymore.

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Brett,

I take one of those stiff foam backed emery boards and file my toenails every morning before I put on my trail runners. Takes a minute and you're done. You can find them in the cosmetic section of most grocery or drugstores. Wt is about 5-7 gms. Sand paper would also work if your squeamish about the beauty section.

-Mark

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

While not lighter in & of itself, it is light, and multi-use: a Gerber nail clip w/ knife & scissors. I can't find them anymore, but I bought mine on ebay. The knife blade sucks, the scissors are just ok, and the nail clippers are great. All in a very small package.

Todd

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Campmor has these (called the Wenger Swiss Clipper) for $22.99. Scissors, Knife, Nail File, Clippers, Toothpick, and Tweezers in a 1.3oz package. Probably more useful than carrying regular nail clippers and a separate knife.

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

The tiny scissors from my Victorinox Swiss Army Classic work just fine for trimming my toenails on trail. I trim just a bit at a time. The knife also has a file. For versatility, it's hard to beat the weight.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

if they are available, a small rough rock takes down nails quickly, especially if slightly soft from being in boots.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools