Topic

Colorado trail Molas to Durango sep 12-15

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Colorado trail Molas to Durango sep 12-15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

My hiking partner had to bail out of the trip due to problems at work. This is a bit of a long shot, but wanted to see if there might be anyone from these boards interested in a section hike of the Colorado trail on short notice. The section is about 70 miles. The plan would be three full 20 mile days, with a shorter last day out to Durango so I can get back to Santa Fe for work Wednesday. It's an ambitious distance, but the elevation profile (while high) is not at all punishing, and we should be able to crank out the miles. I am planning on staying near silverton Friday night and hitting the trail promptly Saturday morning. A few notes about me/my hiking style: I generally get up and go, eating a meal bar and some instant coffee. I don't necessarily hike super fast, but I don't need to stop often for breaks. I usually average about 2.5 miles per hour including breaks over the course of the day. I exercise LNT camping practices pretty religiously. Can't think of too much else at the moment, but am happy to answer any questions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools