Topic

rechargeable batteries in Petzl headlamps?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) rechargeable batteries in Petzl headlamps?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

so, I hear Petzl headlamps shouldn't be used with lithium batteries. are the Energizer NiMh rechargeable AAA's fine?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Sure, just think you are going to get any where near the lenth of time on them as a regular set of Energizers.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Yup, and they're a good option, especially in cold weather when alkaline performance drops considerably.

The downside is their 1.2V output (each), which yields somewhat lower output, although it's not noticeable unless you compare it against an identical light with 1.5V batteries.

Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

so, they are a bit weaker. no problem, as I use normal AAA's as long as I can, than when they finally get replaced its really bright. how long do the batteries last? would they reliably go for a week in the backcountry? do they have to be dead before recharging, or can you charge them even when they are only partly used? I would sacrifice some performance if I could start every trip with freshly charged batteries and never have to buy (and then throw away) new batteries!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools