Topic

ULA CDT on Massdrop

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Jonathon Self BPL Member
PostedAug 17, 2015 at 7:13 am

Thought this was worth mentioning as cottage gear rarely get's discounted this heavily.

It'll be $99 if they can sell 9. Drop limited to 30 packs. Sort of halfway considering getting one myself.

PostedAug 17, 2015 at 8:41 am

too bad I can't possibly get my weight down to the 18 lbs or less they specify as the pack limit!

Just 2 liters of water and 3 days of food puts me at 8-10lbs above base weight.

Jonathon Self BPL Member
PostedAug 17, 2015 at 11:21 am

Total weight for a pack like a CDT is really personal, I find.

I know for myself, just personally, 25lbs in any frameless pack is probably pushing it. 18-20 is probably the most I'd ever want to force, but I'm sure others could carry much more than that.

Either way, if you want to test it out for yourself, this would be a pretty cheap way to test out your personal comfort zones, and it would probably resale fairly easily, given your initial investment.

My initial hesitation buying one is I already have a Kumo, and it serves nearly the same purpose as the CDT.

PostedAug 18, 2015 at 7:12 am

I am tempted, but I am replacing my Osprey Talon 44 because I can't get it to fit, and the boss (lol) is pushing me to get only one pack to replace it that can do all possible trips. We do mainly 2-3 night weekend trips (low to mid 20's pack weight), but occasionally go for 5-6 days with some bear canister trips, and my pack weight goes up to 30-32 lbs for those.

It would be a hard sell to get a CDT for those trips and a Circuit for the longer trips, but that's what I would like to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...