Topic

The 60-Second Backpacker: Episode 2, Leave the Kitchen Sink at Home

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The 60-Second Backpacker: Episode 2, Leave the Kitchen Sink at Home

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Karl W
    Spectator

@vasa61

Sometimes the lite-weight types can go to extremes, as well.  I am thinking of thru-hikers begging for food, running shoe clad trekkers on steep snow (yes, they got hurt), and clinically obsessed gram counters who seem more inclined to gear ‘ascents’ than actual mountains and whose attitude towards others less ‘enlightened’ can be irritatingly patronizing.  Tribalism is negative: gear is just a means to an end, and the ‘right’ tool might not always be the lightest one available.

Arthur
    BPL Member

@art-r

Tried to see the video, but keep getting this:

Oops!
    Looks like our GPS took you a bit off-trail. Sorry about that!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Link updated. It should work now.

david morgan
    BPL Member

@davidmorganrn

I usually carry one item extra on purpose: eg. a bow drill OR fire piston to work with my son on alternative fire starting OR a tenkara rod OR a few ropes of different diameters for son to practice knots OR a book to read for me while my son practicing with his slingshot…Carrying ONE non essential item adds a lot to our trips.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools