Topic

Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 176 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

He is my best guess at what Yukio-san is saying:

[The small round aluminum cntainer of a famous Japan product called Ryukakusan (Dragon Corner Scatter?? these maybe mints). A small hole is made in the lid and the center is dented in a little (Two rows of 8 holes each are made in the container lid – see picture). If there is glass wool etc.? ( I think this means the can is filled with steel wool and is used like a wick), The round container is 55mm by 22mm and weighs 7gr. Alcohol is put into the small can and also put in the cup on the stove stand. You can see something in the cup on the stove stand and I guess this is also steel wool. (with 予熱皿)??
    The stove stand is from the Ultralight Outfitters “Beer Can” stove. The stove stand can be used very nicely with a wide range of stoves making it a very “multi purpose piece of gear”.]

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Nicely done Yukio!

Clarence E Couch

@genec

I just got the system and used my P-38 can opener to take the top off the Fosters can. I find the rubber lip guard thingy unnecessary. I also found that a pull tab top off a 25oz soup can makes a perfect lid w/ handle. However, I found that one fuel tab did NOT produce a boil, even with the lid on. Overall, it's a keeper.

Viewing 3 posts - 176 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools