Topic

Try on a A GG Mariposa?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Try on a A GG Mariposa?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

I have never laid eyes on an actual Mariposa. I am intrigued by the backpack. Partly because it has pretty good review here and partly because I am from Austin and I really like to support local businesses.

But a back pack is like a shoe. Whats perfect fa it for some is awful on others. So I wanted to simply try it on

Here is the odd dilemma.

I contacted GG via their contact page. As my office is 2 blocks from the GG office (on Montopolus Rd!).

I got a (rather impolite) "no you can't come here" which leave me with three questions

1. How is the customer service of GG? My experience to date has not been stellar.

2. Do I really care bout support local business?

But most importantly:

3. Is there a place where the Cottage manufactures come together so we can actually lay hands on there stuff. How does one not saddle the small company with the cost of REI level returns if it just doesn't fit?

[ Drew ]
    BPL Member

@43ten

Locale: Central Valley CA

I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools