Topic

Was UL a phase for you?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Was UL a phase for you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

I don't think that "phase" is the right word. I'd instead say "learning process." I got down to an 8 pound BPW. But then I got old and- as just one example- sleeping on a 1/4" CC pad got annoying. So I have learned what I consider to be worth the weight. Another example: I love my pyramid tarps- they're a bit heavier but also more bomber than a flat tarp, less fiddly, and require less thought. So my BPW- stripped to the bones- is about 12 pounds now. Hell, I'm considering a McHale pack, now. I've been going on longer trips and the food weight is catching up to me, plus I like the idea of a pack to my persnickety specifications that will last the rest of my life and probably be in my will.

Randy Welch
    Spectator

@sage

A 3C hiker remarking to others on the deck as other PCT hikers poured in from the south…."Oh, look how cute, he's still ultralight"…

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

"A 3C hiker remarking to others on the deck" Now-a-days that means a person is an expert an using an iPhone app. :D

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools