Topic

NH White Mountains Day trips/overnights aug 17-21st. Terrifying 25 list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips NH White Mountains Day trips/overnights aug 17-21st. Terrifying 25 list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Have a break from school and want to hit up a bunch of the Terrifying 25 list. Many of them are longer day trips, possibly linking some with overnights but would have to see. Probably do some car camping too.

big ones i'm interested in.. Great gulf trail, Madison gulf trail, Sphinx , great gully.

could do Carter ledge as a slight warm up.

no set plans yet but throwing out feelers. These are steep hard trails with pretty decent mileage, just sayin'.

list:
    http://www.trishalexsage.com/p/the-terrifying-twenty-five.html#uds-search-results

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Forgot I had a long weekend this weekend so I may go up and do a few trails.

my idea. Head up fri night and stay at the trailhead/nearby for Carter Ledge trail up Chocorua on Sat. 10.8mi

Sun: head up Great gulf trail to mt washington, then down Nelson crag trail to Madison gulf, up Madison gulf to Madison then down Daniel webster trail. Probably camping overnight at The Bluff or Osgood campsite before heading up madison. 14.5mi + 8.5mi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools