Topic

Aquamira Frontier MAX?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Aquamira Frontier MAX?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Has anyone used this RED LINE filter and care to give a review? What are the weight and dimensions? How's the flow rate? Is it easy to suck water through when used in the inline mode? Will it work well with Platypus system?

For years now, I've been using the Frontier Pro with my Platypus system — and I love its compactness, light weight and ease of use. But it doesn't deal with viruses like the above Max. What I've been doing is pre-treating my water with chlorine drops — then sucking water through the filter after a 20-min wait. Sucking through the Pro takes little effort.

I know that Max is bigger and heavier — but hopefully not too much. I am also hoping that sucking effort will be comparable with the Pro. If so, then I'll upgrade to the MAX and save myself the 20-min chlorine wait time.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No one?

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

"If you want something done right, do it yourself."

Well Ben it looks like you're "it." Please be sure to report back – thanks.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

"If you want something done right, do it yourself."

Well, Alex, you are both right — and mean spirited! Next time you ask a question about some gear piece that you are interested in… think about someone giving you the same asinine retort! But luckily, most all of us here aren't like you. Else, we wouldn't have the Gear Branch, would we?

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

I was mostly joking, Ben. I apologize if I offended you. Sarcastic humor doesn't always translate well across the boards.

I too am interested in the newer versions of Aquamira's Frontier line, laid out in prior threads, and would like to hear other's feedback, but since all you got was crickets from your repeated inquiries I thought it would be "funny" to offer up you, and your cash, as a guinea pig.

For what it's worth, I pulled the trigger on the new Green Line Frontier Pro and will circle back with my impressions.

"…most all of us here aren't like you."

Agreed.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Alex,

Since I too make jokes, I just need to develop a thicker skin. No harm done, and thanks for your post. If you do buy the Aquamira Max, please let us know how you like it.

EDIT: Oops, I misread – you plan to buy the Green Line – not the Red Line Frontier Max.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools