Topic

Vapor mitts or triggs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Vapor mitts or triggs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Hey all,

I recently ordered some RBH designs vapor mitts, but am planning on returning them because they are not the right size. I tried the mitts on, and am very pleased, and even suprised at the warmth of these gloves. Most gloves require you to be in motion to begin to warm up your hands, these start right when ou put them on.

anyway, I plan on using the gloves for skiing, snowshoeing, low altitude mountaineering.. and all my winter needs. If I was only planning on snowshoeing, I would get the BPL featherlite vapor mitts. I will probably buy a pair of these in addition in the future, just for backpkacing

my question is… which is better for me? the mitts or the trigger gloves.
    how does the triggs warmth compare? I will be using the gloves down to 0 degrees, mabey 5-10F colder in severe cases.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

any time you seperate your fingers you are not going to have as much warmth. I just got a pair of the mitts and while I have not tried them out yet, they seem as though they will work in all but the most extreme cold that we get up here in New England. Unless you will be doing activities where dexterity is needed, the mitts seem like a better option in terms of pure warmth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools