Topic

Closed cell foam cozies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Closed cell foam cozies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I know reflectex is a popular choice for MYO cozy projects, but we have really been enjoying these cozyies made from reflective coated closed cell foam (cut from an ordinary sleeping mat).Cozies

This is a set of well travelled cozies assembled using rip-proof and heat resistant plumbers tape. We find they keep the food better insulated than the bubble-wrap style cozies, and also protect the pot when it's in your pack. I originally tried making them with the reflective side to the inside, but found they weren't very robust like this. The relective coating is tougher than the closed cell foam. In an ideal world, I would use closed cell foam with reflective coatings on both sides, if anyone knows where to find some…

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Well done, I am now off to find these mats in Denmark so I can replace my own well used, but tired, cozies.

Plumbers tape will then be the next challenge to find.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools