Topic

tahoe rim trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports tahoe rim trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    canyon steinzig
    BPL Member

@canyon

Locale: Nor Cal

looking for any information, stories etc on thru-hiking this trail

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

There is some information at http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/ or you can just google tahoe rim trail and see a number of hike reviews.

I have done sections of this trail. I enjoyed the trips but found that the sections I hiked were nice in the middle of the week, but were a bit busy for my taste around the weekends.

canyon steinzig
    BPL Member

@canyon

Locale: Nor Cal

thank you mark

Don Renfro

@drenfro

I did about 23 miles in 12 hours in late June from Tahoe Meadow to the Christopher Loop spur and had a great time.

Great views of the lake all around, many many snow-drifts and I was unable to fully crest the Christopher Loop for the reported great photo ops due to heavy snow on the switchback trail up.

Most of this section of the TRT is open to mountain bikers on even days.. I had no issues, just something to be aware of. Great fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools