Topic

Super cheap lightweight stoves from Gearbest

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedJul 23, 2015 at 11:08 am

FWIW – Gearbest has a number of backpacking stoves on sale:

Fire Maple FMS – 300T 2600W Miniature Stove Burner Outdoor Camping Barbecue Supplies – SILVER $40.87
http://www.gearbest.com/camping/pp_132091.html?utm_campaign=regular.0721&utm_medium=mail&email=b2t8eWVsbG93cG9yY3VwaW5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwyOTky&utm_source=mail_api

BRS – 3000T Ultra – light 25g Miniature Stove
http://www.gearbest.com/camping/pp_116350.html

A backpackingstove for $7.62: Heat-resistant Lightweight Portable Folding Mini Furnace Head OU01
http://www.gearbest.com/camping/pp_16831.html?utm_campaign=regular.0721&utm_medium=mail&email=b2t8eWVsbG93cG9yY3VwaW5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwyOTky&utm_source=mail_api

Many other lightweight stoves on sale – go to one of the links and you'll see what else is available.

David Gardner BPL Member
PostedJul 23, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I picked up a BRS 3000T last week from Amazon for $14 and I really like it. Incredibly light and compact, good flame adjustability from simmer to SR-71 full afterburners. Gearbest.com has a better price at $11.

PostedJul 29, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I just bought two BRS 3000T stoves from Gearbest for slightly less than $22 with free shipping. Coupled with the burner rings I got from Gary and the Jetboil .8 litre ti-pot, I'll have a pretty light and efficient setup.

PostedJul 30, 2015 at 7:16 am

Is it possible to purchase just the Jetboil Ti pot? I did a quick search last night, but could only find the complete system. I have the Sol and recently purchased the low profile burner through Ruta Locura. I'd like to lighten the load a bit more by using the Ti pot if it makes sense based on weight differences (between Sol and Ti) and cost.

PostedJul 30, 2015 at 11:29 am

Thanks for providing the links to the Ti pot. It seems there isn't much difference in weight between the Ti and AL versions, unless I'm missing something. Not sure it makes sense to spend $63 to save an ounce.

PostedAug 4, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Listed weight for Ti = 6.3 oz
Listed weight for Al = 10.2 oz

Ti cup is about $20 more than the Aluminum at Backcountry.com

So, Ti is more expensive, but you are saving about 4 oz overall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...