Topic

REI Flash 45 at REI Outlet for $52

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Flash 45 at REI Outlet for $52

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

http://www.rei.com/product/890788/rei-flash-45-pack-special-buy

Listed at $70, but it drops to $52.73 when you add it to the cart (25% off one item). Free shipping too!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hey, I thought deals posted here have to be exclusive to BPL members or some such stupid rule?? :)

Kidding aside, I really do find posts like this helpful. The requirement that deals need to be exclusive / unique to BPL members — a tiny community in the scheme of things — only causes us to miss out on a lot of legitimate and good offers! I really hope BPL will consider removing the "exclusive" restriction — for the benefit of members. Thanks.

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

Wait, is that true? I thought that was only for vendors, they're not allowed to advertise their own sales unless it's exclusive to BPL.

I'll just keep posting these sorts of things until somebody stops me.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

It is only for vendors, it says

if you are reporting on what could be a good deal you have seen somewhere else, not connected in any way to you, that is usually OK.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I grabbed one. Crazy low price for a full featured LW pack.

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Wanted a large, but they are all gone.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

I snatched a summit rocket 30. At less than 1lbs, it is light! And better deal than Columbia employee discount.

Mike Blarowki
    BPL Member

@mikeyb

Locale: BC25.com

It's good to hear your feedback. I agree that exclusive deals only for BPL community are hard to justify given the size of the community. I'm in the business of hunting down gear deals every single day (when not in the mountains) and posting them on bc25.com. I was sharing them here especially the ones where the merchants like campsaver, outdoor play etc… gave us exclusive coupon codes.

Hoping with enough feedback from this community we will be able to post those deals here again.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Meh, I stopped frequently this thread specifically because of the bc25 redirect links. It was obnoxious to be directed to your site instead of to the vendor directly. Very spam feeling. By all means, I support your efforts to make a living off the outdoors via the internet, I do not support your efforts to capitalize on a market that pays for access to this site. That's rather counter to the internet's model of "free in exchange for information" that we've come to expect. If you have a decent site, people will visit it directly or sign up to your newsletter.

Heck, you don't even provide a product, just take a tiny fraction of a cut for directing web traffic to retailers. You're no different than a spam bot other than your process is much less automated and labor intensive.

PS: The Flash for $50 is a great deal. I've thoroughly enjoyed mine and paid about double that iirc.

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

The reason for that is because visiting his website inserts a tracking cookie on your computer, which nets him some cash off your purchase. Some people are ok with this, some aren't. Hiding it is pretty dishonest. I always made a habit of posting the code in his threads so people could bypass the website. I did notice his posts went down, which has been nice lately. This is a great forum for sharing deals, but not for you to make a profit.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Coupon is back, almost as good a deal on the flash 45 as before. Black color this time.

Joshua Knauer
    Spectator

@knauerj

Just bought one of these….hopefully it is worth the money, I figured at $70, why not?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools