Topic

Loco Libre Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Loco Libre Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted here since closing End2End Trail Supply. Anyhow, I'd like to put it out that I have a new gear shop; Loco Libre Gear . It feels good to be back….

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

I love the name!

I appreciate your Buyer's Guide since I know little about quilts. From what I do know, your Ghost Pepper top quilt looks fantastic.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Thanks Alex! Nothings really changed in quilts in a while and I started thinking about how to set myself apart from the field. I really like the chevron baffles because they do a good job of preventing down shift. Plus they just look darn cool.50° Ghost Pepper quilt20° Ghost Pepper

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Agreed. The chevron baffles do have a cool retro look to them.

So I'm thinking about a 30° Ghost Pepper with an ounce of down added, size regular, black 67 Argon inner shell, grey 90 Argon outer shell, with an insulated foot box.

I'm unsure about the taper, but I'm leaning towards the straight taper. Any insight on this?

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

The major difference is how much room you wind up with in the foot box. I have size 11 feet and I like the straight taper. If I had bigger feet or wanted more foot room I'd go with the no taper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools