Topic

BPL Exclusive! Aluminized Cuben On sale now!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedJul 8, 2015 at 6:25 pm

For those that haven’t seen it, Aluminized Cuben, is an excellent shelter material to use when shade is desired.

Since other cottage gear companies are getting on board with this stuff, we want to encourage MYOG folks to try it out, too.

Price will be knocked down from $33/yd to $25/yd until the end of July. I believe this makes it quite affordable (for cuben)

BPL Exclusive Coupon Code: JULYBPL

alum12

Cascade Craftworks

Richard Nisley BPL Member
PostedJul 8, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Your site says, "7/5 Update: Back in town and catching up on orders. Things are humming along. I'm excited to build some Cuben shelters!!"

Will you build a tarp using Aluminized Cuben discounted per the sale price? If so, what is the largest size and price?

PostedJul 8, 2015 at 9:28 pm

When I release specs of the shelters I'm offering, I'll have a sale for them. Currently all shelters are custom and build to order as I rearrange things and build up to doing production on some 'standard' offerings.

PostedJul 10, 2015 at 8:54 am

Seems to me that some enterprising and talented person (which leaves me out on both counts) could make a nice, lightweight umbrella out of this with a carbon pole.

d k BPL Member
PostedJul 11, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Hmmm…recently I've been wishing I had something besides my quilt to create shade in the tent during the day. I guess a couple of yards of this would do the trick quite neatly – but would a 54" x 6 foot tarp be useful for anything else? Kitchen/dining tarp in the rain? any other ideas for multi-use? It seems extravagant to spend $50 just for a seldom used shade experience, since that isn't something we'd use that often. Even adding a yard would get me a not-quite-5 ft x 9 ft tarp, which seems on the small side for tarping (which I probably won't ever graduate to anyway, as I like my tent).

I'm assuming that the aluminized cuben would probably be too prone to wear to use as a groundsheet.

PostedJul 11, 2015 at 8:51 pm

I have used this material as a groundsheet and bivy floor material for over a year now. It holds up better than 1.0 oz cuben.

PostedJul 26, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Last week of the sale on aluminized cuisine before price bumps up again. Get it while it's hot(cool)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...