Topic

kid’s trekking poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) kid’s trekking poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

My son wants trekking poles. My dad wants a birthday gift suggestion for him.

These seem to be the main candidate:

http://www.rei.com/product/867358/black-diamond-first-strike-junior-trekking-poles-pair

Any other alternatives to consider? Comfort, weight, ease of use are priorities. (bang for the buck less so for this one.)

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Maybe not the answer you are looking for but I bought a pair of these about 5-6 years ago for my mother who is now 83 and 4'10" tall and she loves them. She uses them everyday and has never had a problem with them, in fact her older sister ended up getting some also, they are not using them to go hiking but for everyday use and they have never let them down(literally) which is a good thing :) the Costco poles are cheaper but I must say I do really like the Black Diamond pole a lot so that is my 2cents.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

The BD First Strike are good poles. My kids use them… my wife now too.

I have also seen people saw the head off golf clubs for light fixed length poles. You could probably find some clubs cheap at a garage sale. Might even find a saw there too. One stop shopping! :)

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

Link, Jacob – thanks, that was useful info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools