Topic

Best light weight rain pant?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best light weight rain pant?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carol Corbridge
    Spectator

@ccorbridge

Locale: Southern Oregon

I’m thinking of replacing my Marmot full zip rain pants (11.6 oz) with something lighter. I’m considering Montbell Torrent Pants (7.5 oz) $70. I want something more durable than Rainshield, DriDucks or Frog Togs, but not too heavy. I use Rainshield for my jacket since it takes less abuse than my pants and has held up well. My Rainshield pants on the other hand did not survive their first trip. It was a driving rain though and I had to scrabble around on rocks to get (2) tarps set up.

Also I wear my rain pants daily in the morning around camp over whatever I slept in for warmth.

Any suggestions?

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

Hello,

how about the GoLite Reed at just 4 oz. very light. They don’t have any zips so you have to take off your shoes to put them on. They compress to almost nothing so they take up almost no room in your pack. They are perfect for emergency backup.
    The are plenty waterproof but do not breathe very well but for pants I don’t mind. I use them very little so for me weight is the most important factor in considering a pair of rainpants.
    They are moderatly durable.
    You should be able to find one on the web for less than $65,-.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools