Topic

A Very Thorough MYOG Site

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear A Very Thorough MYOG Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Although thuis site is in Swedish it has many, many MYOG projects that any MYOGer can appreciate. The photography is very concise and many of the projects have excellent directions to follow. Have a look and enjoy.

http://www.andersj.se/

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Wow, beautiful presentation. All he's missing is the self-made Volvo to get to the trailhead.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

> Wow, beautiful presentation. All he's missing is the self-made Volvo to get to the trailhead.

Ha! Good one, Rick. He's also missing an English translation of the site, but that's just me being an ethno-centric American again.

Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

so i would love to use this site, but i have no idea how to even begin. Is there a way that i can translate this site to english or maybe there is something else i can do. Help!

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Great Pics but I wish I understood Swedish. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOKUdMr95Ig

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Truly an inspiring site. Lots of photos, they seem to translate all by themselves.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

This guy's stuff is awesome…Have you seen his kayak!?
    I'm thoroughly convinced I need to build one now…
    There are so many ideas on this site, very inspiring. Look at his workshop- think of the time that's gone into this stuff.
    Thanks for sharing!

Tommy Clapp

@tcxjwagoneer

Locale: GSM Area

http://www.stars21.com/translator/swedish_to_english.html

I used this site to translate most of his page. It is a direct translation, but you can understand it.

Rick DeWeese

@chezrad

I've been looking over his site for about a year now. After a while you pick up the basics and can make sense out it. Direct translations really leave you guessing. THis is especially true with sewing terms.

Mike Hinsley

@archnemesis

Locale: England, UK

You might also be interested in this UK-based site.

Backpacking-lite.co.uk DIY Gear

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

This site (Backpacking Light) has a very good group of MYOG threads. 803 of them that have generated 7355 posts over time.

The problem here, however, is that there is no good way to find anything. The downfall of this site has been the lack of any real improvements in that area since it was started.

I have about 50 MYOG threads here but the only way I can find them is with a separate list I keep with an active link to all he my threads.

They also need a spell check and preview funtion.

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Bill, what's the link to your 50 MYOG links? I didn't find it on your blog. Always a fan of your work and I would like to bookmark it.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Bill's talking about THIS site. Unless I'm missing something…..

Casey Cardwell
    BPL Member

@niles

Locale: On the Dirt in Oregon

I agree! It'd be really nice to have an index of DIY stuff (e.g. all threads dealing with shelters, packs, x, y, z…). That way, when new folks like myself want to come through and see what's already been discussed, it'd be readily available.

Joy Menze
    BPL Member

@catamountain

ieSpell is a handy BHO speller plugin for IE. And it comes in three flavors of English.

Mike Hinsley

@archnemesis

Locale: England, UK

One cheap way to do this is to have a moderated forum called "Interesting Posts" that provides a non-expiring list of links to threads in other forums. It creates an index without much work being required.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools