Topic

Planning Your First Backpacking Trip Out West

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Planning Your First Backpacking Trip Out West

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

David, I am going to bookmark this article for sure! Thanks!

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Nice article that hits your target audience just right. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Chris Bruce
    BPL Member

@lonepalm

Locale: Central Florida

David,

Thank you for this article. I am in beginning stages of planning a week long trip for next year(thinking either summer or fall) and you have really helped narrow it down with this. Great job!

Chris

Kevin Caron
    BPL Member

@asterias

Locale: quebec

Great as usual thx you

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Thanks everyone.

I had coffee with a new-to-Montana person last week, and talking to her about the logistics of backcountry permits in Glacier got me thinking about how tough it can be for neophytes to do the big national parks in the summer. If you don't have previous knowledge the logistics of even little things can get very frustrating, which seems to put lots of folks off. I think this is unfortunate, as usually fairly minor alterations in planning can make these issues mostly go away.

Doug Knox
    Spectator

@dsknox328hotmail-com

Thank you David for taking the time to put this article together and share. Perfect timing, as I'm heading to CA in Sept for my first BP trip in the West.

Darrow Kirkpatrick
    Spectator

@dkirkpatrick

Locale: Northern NM/Southern CO

Thanks David. This is an excellent overview of the possibilities out west. The summaries for each area distill a lot of helpful, real-world experience. As a transplanted easterner, just finishing my 2nd season out here, I really appreciate it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools