Topic

Solomid with Solo Innernet question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Solomid with Solo Innernet question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

I own the Solomid in Cuben and Solo Innernet in Cuben and just setup the combination today for the first time. I am finding that when I connect the inner to the solomid corner clips that the fit is very tight and tends to deform the solomid such that the sides become a bit slack. Has anyone else with this setup had a similar issue?

The first two pictures show the innernet connected to the solomid. The second two show the deformation that occurred afterwards and the final picture shows the solomid without the innernet showing a taught pitch.

Innernet connected to Solomid

Innernet connected to Solomid

Solomid deformation after innernet connection

Solomid deformation after innernet connection

Solomid without inner.  Taught pitch

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

It seems like the bungee cords on your inner net tent are pulling you tent inwards.

To fix release some tenon from the net tent by adding length to the cords or adjusting it looser. The solomid looks like it can be tightened up too.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Ron Bell provided the perfect response, "The InnerNet is not sized to connect directly to the SoloMid corners. The Mid can be pitched high or low so that distance from inner to outer can vary a bit , especially if the Mid is not a perfect square. The supplied length of small bungee cord is for making small loops to span the gap from the InnerNet to the Mid corners or to the stakes so the pull force is not so hard. This also allows the use of smaller InnerNets with larger Mids- Solo Inner to a SoloMid XL or DuoMid, etc. The corners of the InnerNets should only be pulled hard enough to stand up the corners – not so tight that it's over stressed. Use a short bit of the guyline for the corners – looks like maybe the corners are staked into the ground super short at the line lock. Start with a tight Mid with the corners at as close to a 90degree angle as possible."

I purchased the inner from another BPLr but it didn't have the extra supplies bungee cord so I didn't realize it should have. Problem solved once I get those added on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools