Topic

Havasupi falls

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Havasupi falls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

Hi All

My friends and I are planning to hike to Havasupai Falls this fall. I know there is a ton of information on the web about the area, but I thought id pick peoples brains on here because its such an awesome resources of knowledge.

We are planning on going sometime in either October or November, I've heard that's the best time to go. Thoughts?

Any recommendations for specific spots to camp? I know there is the campground 0.5miles past Havasu Falls, is that the only place to camp? If the only place to camp is that one campground, are there specific campsites we should try to get?

There are the three main waterfalls (Havasu, Mooney and Beaver), are there other areas you would recommend to hike to and check out? Small side canyons? Caves?

We are still open to how many days we are going spend there. Is it worth it to back up camp and hike towards the Colorado River? Are there other good places you can recommend to backpack to from Havasupai?

Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Any other tips or suggestions you've gained from experience?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Anonymous
    Inactive

great trip idea. Its been on my list for a while but haven't done it yet. My coworker has and said it was great.

I was under the impression, it was a great day hike or overnighter. Haven't heard of doing multiple days here? If you want more, I'd head to Sedona or Grand Canyon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools