Topic

Enchantments list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Enchantments list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I was informed that quilts are out of the question so does anyone have any recommendations for light double sleeping bags? I'll still work on convincing her that quilts are superior but it would be nice to have another option or two.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Yeah, but it's gonna cost ya!

Ouch!

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Jeez! Back to promoting the Accomplice! She's worried we can't self regulate our sides of the quilt since I run much hotter. Just untuck it, right? No different than a zipper. And an insulated hood is better than a built in one, right?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I agree that you should take another look at the accomplice, they have a strap system like most quilts and I think it is much easier to regulate the temp especially if you run hot and want to open your side to cool off, here is what they say about the accomplice

The quilt comes with a set of straps designed specifically for use with the Accomplice model quilts. Secured around two sleeping pads, the additional clips then attach to the side of the quilt for draft-free performance.

If you have any questions or concerns about the quilt Tim Marshall (owner of Enlightened Equipment)is a member here you can get ahold of him by calling or emailing him, his info is at the bottom of his website. He is very nice and easy to deal with and will be more than happy to answer any questions or help with concerns.

Here is another 2 person bag with a zipper but the price again is going to make you want an accomplice(which in my opinion is very high quality and amazing price)

NUNATAK DUAL ALPINIST

Again not to say she has to do everything my way but just let her know I am a small woman who sleeps under a tarp, uses a quilt and wears trail runners and have not only survived but I enjoyed it !

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

+1 for EE sleep gear… I have 2 quilts and love 'em both. The simple elastic strap with clips works amazingly well, and I'm sure they've got the Accomplice dialed in quite well.

I know you don't have a lot of time before your Enchantments trip, but if at all possible I'd recommend doing a short, local overnighter just to introduce your spouse to the "lighter side" and to suss out the gear changes you've made and ensure that your checklist is complete.

Having switched over to UL from trad a little less than 2 years ago, I can tell you that carrying 11-13 lbs on your back vs 35-40 lbs is a real epiphany. It is so much better in so many ways that you'll thank yourself every time you hit the trail. Once your wife gets a taste of it, she'll be hooked — NOBODY ever goes back to trad after tasting UL!

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Great advice. We don't have time to get another night in but we are hitting the gym hard this week to make sure our cardio is up to the task. Going from the Stuart/Colchuck trail head all the way up Aasgard and to Crystal on the first day.

She's very strong and doesn't mind a heavy pack, but I think I might do a last minute repacking so I have all the food, maybe even haul the tent. Last minute sounds like a better idea so there's no time to throw in extras to fill in the newly gained space or protest that she's strong enough. Now that my base weight is down under 15 lbs. I can sneak some of her stuff in and she'll have a light pack without even knowing! :)

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

I'm planning getting an Accomplice one day, it's so light I can use as a solo bag (which I don't have), and if we already have it she'll have to at least try it once. :) Otherwise I'll just get the Revelation for solo, might need one sooner than later.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Paul HERE is a photo of a couple in their Accomplice on their mats so you and your wife can get an idea(this photo is of the Accomplice before it was released and I know he made a few changes before the final release, like the opening where your head is).

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools