Topic

Camo Pack

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJun 7, 2015 at 12:52 am

Finally finished this pack for a friend. He used my prototype pack last hunting season and he really liked it. He picked out the materials and between work, getting married and moving I finally finished it for him. He wanted it a little smaller than the last one. And able to hold a gun on the side of the pack. He came up with the idea for the 4" elastic in the pockets. He liked the ballistics nylon I used on the last pack. We went with the 1000D cordura. My first time using this material. I like it. I had to go with the brown #46 nylon thread. Since it's for hunting I made it for durability. The final weight with stays is three pounds seven ounces.
Examining my other frame packs MYOG and store bought I saw a problem in the design of the load lifters. The stays came up short of the load lifter and there is no solid way it's attached to the frame. Added some Velcro to attach the load lifter positively to the frame pocket. Pretty simple to do and with this type of shoulder strap design was needed. It's untested so we'll see how it works. Thanks for looking GOD bless
red.PackONEPackTWOPackTHREEPackThe lunch sackPack4" elastic in pocketsPackInsidePackStayPackNew featurePackLoad lifter to frame attachment point

Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedJun 7, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Looks great Darren. Very professional looking and I like the subtle touch of using camo daisy chains on the front. What sewing machine are you using to bust through that 1000D cordura?

Ryan

PostedJun 7, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for the comments.
Ryan, that's a great term, busting through. I broke about 4 80/12 universal needles trying to sew it together. Went an bought some 16 needles, then I was busting through two to four layers with webbing. Hand cranking the really thick spots. Here's my early 40's white machine. GOD blessPack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...