Topic

Black Rock Hat / Beanie Clone

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedJun 5, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Some of you may have seen a thread I posted about a week ago
asking for pictures so I could make my own Black Rock Hat.
Basically, I really wanted a 'rasta' edition Black Rock
hat but it was a limited run and they are sold out of my size,
so I just decided to make my own. This also allowed my to use
lighter weight fabric and better down than Black Rock offers.

It took me a couple prototypes to nail down the pattern, but
now that I have the pattern and have made a few it only takes
about an hour to make one start to finish and is actually pretty
straight forward. Looks like I know know what to make with all
my scrap material!

Materials:
-Various 10d ripstop nylon scraps (the grey and black is
Argon 67 and the green is Membrane 10)
-950 fp HyperDRY down
-DRY-FIT , its a thin and lightweight stretchy wicking fabric,
for the headband. Got it from Quest Outfitters.

The grey/green one is my lightweight three season one, it
weighs 23g. The black one (rasta thread!) is stuffed with quite
a bit more down and it is much warmer, it weighs in at 29g.
Really happy with the fit of both.










Backpack Jack BPL Member
PostedJun 5, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Nice, care to share the pattern?

I'd like to make one also.

Thanks, Jack

PostedJun 6, 2015 at 9:17 am

Jack,

Here is a picture of my pattern I ended up with, so you can get an idea of the shape. You'll need to figure out the dimensions based on the size of your head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...