Topic

Found Possible Little Nipper Replacement

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
PostedNov 11, 2007 at 6:43 am

Looks BETTER than a lil nipper since the nozzle is on the corner (eaiser to pour).

PostedNov 11, 2007 at 8:35 am

I've got an old little nipper and never use it anymore.

If you can't find a little nipper you might give an 8 oz pet water bottle a try. These are tough to find, you might get one free on an airplane ride, or sometimes in various shows or events they are given away free as samples. I found a case of 12 bottles in my local Safeway.

Anyways, they are much lighter than a little nipper. Mine weighs 0.4 oz. I also find them more compact and easier to store than the larger/flatter little nipper.

Just some food for thought.

Ethan A. BPL Member
PostedNov 11, 2007 at 9:23 am

Hi Daniel,
Can you post a pic or a link showing a bottle like the one you have?

PostedNov 11, 2007 at 10:53 am

Jesse,

I disagree about it being better simply from spout placement. In fact, I think having the spout in the corner makes the bladder roll awkwardly when stored. I don't know how much a spout on the side makes something easier to pour either, though I don't have much experience pouring since I use my nipper for alcohol (firelite spout cap) and quick drinks..

Though, this rum flask does seem like a viable alternative..

Lance M BPL Member
PostedNov 11, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Here is a picture including the 8oz PET bottle. Left is one nested in a K-Mart grease pot with pop can stove, BIC lighter, and pot grabber. Center are 16oz and 8oz PET water bottles, which also fit into the Foster's can at right.

PETE bottle

PostedNov 11, 2007 at 1:08 pm

Hey Lance,

Your bottle inside the pot looks exactly like mine. I even have the same red tape (I used red electrical tape) going around it.

These bottles are great. You sure can't stick a little nipper inside a pot like you can with these tiny 8 oz bottles.

Jeff Boone BPL Member
PostedNov 12, 2007 at 8:07 pm

I found one tonight, but it weighs .7oz as opposed to yours at .4oz. What brand was yours?

PostedNov 12, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Arrowhead, with the label removed.

You can get these with a pop top, those weigh slighly more. The standard cap version is the one I have.

PostedNov 13, 2007 at 12:40 am

Cool find Justin, It's even smaller than the Nipper. Thanks for the information.

Ron D BPL Member
PostedNov 15, 2007 at 2:14 pm

I just got my 8oz flask from Rum Runner. It ended up being .375oz (my scale measures in 1/8oz increments).
Ron

PostedOct 27, 2008 at 10:32 am

I am looking for water bottles. RR price is attractive.

Compare RR 16oz. v Platy Sport and RR 32oz v Platy 1L.

-Which empties better? (I want post-trip packing to be simple. 5L wine bags won't fully drain. Nalgene hydration bladder has same issue.)

-Weight of RR?

"The following weights are for empty flasks with cap on:
8oz = 10 grams
16oz = 12 grams
32oz (actually holds 40oz's) = 24 grams"

-Is the screw top on the rum runner compatible with platy?
edit: the 32oz. rum runner is standard. 16 and 8 are a smaller type

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Loading...