Topic

The Franken-Pack (MYOG on a Deuter Platform)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Valerie E BPL Member
PostedMay 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I wanted a 65-ish litre, water-resistent "heavy hauler" with a removable daypack, and I was going to order a Unaweep (and modify the Talon to serve as a daypack), but I had an older Deuter (rated to 50lbs!) that I never used because it lacked features. So… time to figure out how to make a pack.

Planning to use this for about 500 miles this summer, hopefully in complete comfort. The pack comes in at 3lbs (about 8 oz heavier than I had hoped, but boy, is it comfy). Don't try this if you don't *love* seam-ripping, 'cause deconstructing a pack for re-use requires many hours of it.

Edited to add — this uses the Deuter framesheet, backpanel, and shoulder straps, a ULA hipbelt, and the rest was made using 3 different weights of X-Pac fabric.

xxxxxx

PostedMay 25, 2015 at 6:03 pm

That is awesome! Hoping to do something really similar soon. Was it difficult to work with the old packs frame sheet?

D M BPL Member
PostedMay 25, 2015 at 6:09 pm

That is very nice work! Hope it works out well for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...