Topic

DAS parkas size L

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals DAS parkas size L

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Hey size L gearshoppers,

I noticed diamondbacktacktical.com is now charging $143 for size L DAS parkas. Remembering that in the last week it looked like size L was not on sale.

I'm tempted to get a M myself. I wear a size M micropuff, wondering if size M would be the size to get in the DAS? Anybody own both and can comment on sizing?

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

The DAS parkas are sized as a beley jacket IE big. If you want it to layer over get your normal size. If you want it to be less big, size down a size.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

I second Chris's comment. I have a Large and I wear it at rest stops or in camp over everything, shell and all. They are so big that my wife, who is 5 ft 6 about 130 lbs size 8 wears an unisex XS and it fits over her shell and all layers comfortably. She would normally wear a men's Small, but it was huge.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Forgot to mention I'm 6 ft 185 lbs and a 42 in chest and normally wear a size L jacket. The DAS size Large fits like an XL or like an XXL. Perfect as a belay jacket.

Keith Hultman

@helios

Locale: Missouri

From Patagonia's Wharehouse:

Fall 2006- M's DAS Parka- Style #84096- Retail Price $265.00, Weekly
    Special Price $111.30
    Sizes- S only
    SNL- Stainless

Must call or fax. I picked one up on Tuesday, after almost buying the MARS version. When I called, she also mentioned some XS available, but not sure about larger sizes. Price good until Nov 30th, or until sold out.

The Patagonia Outlet
    34 North Idaho
    Dillon, Mt 59725
    Phone (406) 683-2580
    Fax (406) 683-2619

edit: Price for shipping was around $13

nategfunk
    Spectator

@jegsmith-2

Does anyone have pics of the MARS version of the DAS? I like the price but the color on the site isnt that appealing.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I don't have a picture of the MARS DAS but like you I was nervous about the color. When it arrived I felt pleasantly surprised. It's not too "army" and actually my wife and I both like it a lot. I can take a picture if you like but I'm worried it still won't convey the actual color. Hope that helps a little…

Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

Thanks for posting the info about the Patagonia Outlet, Keith. I ordered an XS a short while ago — that price is amazing!

Keith Hultman

@helios

Locale: Missouri

I hope the jacket suits your needs as it will mine, Earnie. I'll be using mine for midwest winter cragging and future alpine ascents. I'm not sure if it will replace my down top for backpacking, though I usually don't backpack in winter.

Always willing to promote a fellow gear junkie's addiction.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools