Topic

WPB for hammock Bivy

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Stefan Hoffman BPL Member
PostedMay 21, 2015 at 11:43 am

I am planning to make bivy to pull over my hammock, and would like some advice on a WPB fabric to use here. Its not a jacket, so i dont need it to be superbly breathable, my emphasis would definitely be on the waterproofness of it.

The idea is a a tube with drawstrings on each end, no zippers. Like a Molly Mack hammock sock with a few tie-outs to a ridgeline to give me some breathing room. I don't plan on using a tarp….the point is to avoid that entirely.

I am considering making the foot end of the bivy out of something non-breathable, probably just a solid sil-nylon. So silnylon on the bottom, and something else on top.

Any suggestions on what to use and where to get it would be much appreciated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...