I'm looking specifically for the following fabrics or something very similar:
1. Tough mesh fabric used on the backpanel and straps on Ultimate Direction vests and the Fastpack 20, which is tough, breathable, nonabsorbent/nonstretchy and pretty light. They call it "Hex Mesh".
2. A nonabsorbent edge binding like what they use on the Fastpack 20.
3. Stretch mesh for pockets – they call theirs "Power Mesh" and it seems pretty tough.
From the UD product info:
"Hex Mesh: The Hex Mesh vest structure is completely breathable, extrememly strong, and lightweight. Its inability to absorb moisture results in a drier, more comfortable wear.
Power Mesh: All pockets are strong and stretch, made with 340gm Power Mesh stretch fabric so the vest expands as you need it to."
I did contact UD but have not received any info from them as yet.
Any info on where to purchase this stuff would be much appreciated. I want to make a lighter version of the Fastpack 20 without tearing mine apart if possible.


