Topic

Tags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Tags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Gever
    BPL Member

@dgever

Locale: Brooklyn

How do you keep track of the tag ends that get trimmed off when tying tippet to flies? I am at home practicing my knots, and realizing that this is going to be an issue. What do you do with a 1 inch piece of monofilament? The obvious answer is to put it in your pocket, but lets be realistic. There is a good chance that is ending up in the water the next time you reach in there.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

If my hand is wet I find it almost impossible to "disengage" from the tag. I tried using a FishPond PioPod (Pack It Out) Microtrash Container –

FishPondTrash
    … but had a hard time getting small bits off of my fingers.

So I modified a MonoMaster –

MonoMaster

…by drilling a very small hole in the loop end that leads to the center of the inner spindle. I feed the tag into the hole and then swipe my finger to scrape it off.

And IMHO the MM is essential. I replace a lot of tippet in a day and it handles many days before needing disassembly and a cleanout. And all those tags are in there too.

David Gever
    BPL Member

@dgever

Locale: Brooklyn

Problem solved

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools