Topic

GoLite Jackets 33% of MSRP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite Jackets 33% of MSRP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

Scheels in Fargo, ND has a fair selection of GoLite Paradigm ($50), Kick ($20 or $25) and Ether ($20 or $25) Jackets on sale. There are quite a few blues but also some green and rust red.
    If this is a good enough deal, and people are seriously interested I would consider buying some and mailing them out. I assume tax and shipping would add about $5 to the price.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Peter:

Thanks for offering to buy and ship! I would be interested in a Golite Ether jacket — in "Caspian Blue", medium. Thanks!

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I would also be intrested in a Golite ether in XL, blue
    (green will be my second choice)
    That would be awsome -Thanks!

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Locale: Sudamerica

Careful Peter, you may get a bigger response than anticipated.

I'm in for:
    1 GoLite Ether, Med. Rust
    1 GoLite Ether, SM. Green

Thanks a lot, that's a good deal.

-Michael
    (PS, don't forget Paypal's cut. Another lesson learned)

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Good point about paypal fees. Is that how most people would want to pay? Ideally I would get paid before I ship.
    I think I will go and buy out the stock of Ether jackets and let everyone know exactly what is available.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Peter:

One way of doing this: add up purchase and shipping cost. Then tack on 4% to the total to defray Paypal cost. I'd be glad to paypal you before you buy — so you won't be "out of pocket" doing us a good deed.

Let us know your preference. Thanks!

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

Locale: columbus ohio

Hi Peter, Thanks for doing this. I would like an ether in small blue. if there is a different color for the $20 price I would prefer that. Please email me with your cost and I'll pay via paypal. Thanks again!

Steven Bergeron
    Spectator

@theturk-2

Locale: SF Bay Area

Peter,

Please sign me up for a medium Ether. I'd prefer Rust, Green, or Blue – in that order.

For $20 – $25, right? (That seems to be a lot better than 33% of – but no complaints.) :-)

Please let me know how you prefer payment (Paypal is fine) and if you would like it before you place the order.

Thanks,

Steve

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

The rust red is not the current Ether model; it should be port red? Make sure of what year you are buying.

If they are the current year model, I'd like an Ether, size large Caspian blue.

peter kvamme

@karacolor

I just want to clarify that these jackets are in a clearance type sale, and availability is not guaranteed. I am worried that there are going to be disappointed people out there, but I will buy up as many as I can.
    I will write again tomorrow afternoon when I get back from the store.

peter kvamme

@karacolor

John,
    Rust red was just my description of the color…
    Should it say on the tag what year it is from?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Peter:

Re. the Ether jackets — current means 2007. The tags won't indicate year, but it should say "breathable".

In any case, this really should be pretty straightforward. The old hooded, non-breathable, full-zip wind jackets were called "Helios" — so totally different model name. Hope this helps — and thanks!

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

I'm in for an Ether in Blue or Green. I think a size medium is good. Can anyone confirm this for a 5'8 150 pound male of average size? I wear medium Patagonia gear and it fits well..

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Andrew:

Since I am also buying one sight unseen — I can't confirm 100%. However, I have worn two other Golite wind jackets — the old Ventus and Helios — and Golite's Medium fits me perfectly. I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs.

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Bad news, apparently a group of runners came in and bought up most of the good stock before I got there.
    I bought the one and only remaining Ether jacket, a large burnt orange one. It does seem to be the current year, it says it is highly breathable.

I will wait at least until the end of the day to see if anyone who has already responded would like a Large Orange Ether, otherwise the first person to respond gets it for $31. ($26.49 price plus tax, $4.5 shipping, paypal fees) Sorry to get everyones hopes up.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I'd like the orange size large…

Steven Bergeron
    Spectator

@theturk-2

Locale: SF Bay Area

> Sorry to get everyones hopes up.

No worries! Thanks for going through all the trouble.

Steve

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Peter:

No problem. Thanks for checking for us!

peter kvamme

@karacolor

I thought the same thing about the runners, but then I realized that the store stocked them for runners in the first place.
    The jacket has been sold, thanks John.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools