Topic

Icebreaker brings back the hoodie

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Icebreaker brings back the hoodie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Not sure if this has been noted already, but Icebreaker appear to have a hoodie back in their range.

Atlantis

Rod

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

Hi Rod,

this has been noticed for some time but no many people seemed to notice then.

Have you seen it for real, i would like to know what the total weight would be compared to a Smartwool Hoody.
    It looks quite sophisticated.

So far not available in Europe or the US.

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I have one on the way from Moosejaw right now. Icebreaker EXP320 Conquest Hood. Got it during a recent 20% off sale. When it arrives I'll weigh it and give it a quick scrutiny. My plan is to replace my polar fleece with it as a mid layer and also for sleeping in when conditions warranted. As I indicated this is in the EXP320, not in the much lighter 190 of the Atlantis.

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I'm hoping the Atlantis will be available in the US in spring. I have their Nomad hoodie and I like it, but I also want a lighter weight option. The Atlantis looks good for that.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I've been all over the Icebreaker site (both the US and NZ stores) during various months. As far as I know, they make the Nomad only in 320 g/m^2. The lighter weight hoodie gets a different name (for women it is Endeavour). I think the listing of 190 g/m^2 at Moosejaw is a mistake.

It wouldn't be the first time that they had a mistake on an Icebreaker product. I tried to order an Allstar, but the color I ordered was never made in size small, despite being listed in Moosejaw's database.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

No, haven't seen it in the flesh, but I'll keep my eyes peeled and my scales ready.

Rod

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I got the Icebreaker Conquest Hoodie earlier today and was both very happy and disapointed at the same time. The hoodie is great, fits perfectly, one of the (if not THE) nicest pieces of clothing gear I've seen in awhile. I put it on and went for a walk in the nearby woods for almost an hour. 35F with no wind and I was comfortable. OK, the down side is that it weighs 640g or 22.58oz. I may begin by using this around town this winter… it's just too nice to save for just the woods.

BTW… what's the opposite side zipper doing on US items. I'm used to it having lived in England for many years, but it does seem out of place here.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

John, I'm pretty sure you'll find that Icebreaker is a New Zealand company, not US. They're not even part of ANZUS any more. It's Commonwealth all the way for them.

Rod

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools