Topic

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Patagonia Dragonfly pullover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Bonn

@david_bonn

Locale: North Cascades

I don’t go anywhere without this pullover. For everything from groomed cross-country ski tours to weeklong climbing trips to long-distance backpacks. This is probably the most useful item of clothing I carry.

Glenn Roberts

@garkjr

Locale: Southwestern Ohio

What he said.

Caleab Spencer

@caleab

Locale: New Hampshire

worth the money. very, very light. i dont ever use the pocket. that could go.

Ronald Feltner
    BPL Member

@ronfel49

Locale: Indiana

Most versatile article of clothing I’ve ever owned. So light weight and breathable but provides excellent wind protection.

It’s so breathable a full zipper is uncessary.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can’t hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

A fantastic deal at the close out prices that are going around— and if value were the sole criteria, it would deserve a “5”. A full zip and use of more breathable (and better DWR) Pertex Quantum is what prevents a rating of perfection. Great cut and hood.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have had my dragonfly for several years now. It has gone on countless trips as well as used around town. I actually prefer it to the more recent hodini windshirt. I have found the cut and length to be ideal for me, tight enough that there isn’t a lot of fabric to snag on things, but enough room to move without binding. While durable, the dragonfly isn’t bullet proof. Earlier this fall I tore a small hole in the back of the jacket (without realizing it). Maybe when I was leaning against a tree playing hide-and-seek with my family.

What would move me from 4 to a 5? A better material. Quantuum is more breathable. My wife’s poly based Marmot Chinook windshirt seems as light and breathable much more water resistant.

William Webber

@micwebbpl

I like to use mine for the usual use – windshirt or emergency rain shell – but also find it useful worn UNDER my sleeping outfit as a mild vapor barrier.

It’s not impermeable to vapor travel, but it DOES build up a more comfortable humidity next to the skin. It certainly reduces the moisture build up in upper torso insulating layer and sleeping bag(the “wear all your clothes to bed in a light sleeping bag system”) and reduces heat loss via “moist air” conductivity/convection.

Finally, in many cases I find the hood used at night to be just the right amount of head warmth required, without smashing down my ears like the typical “watch cap.”

joseph daluz

@jfdiberian

Locale: Columbia River Gorge

I’ve worn this shirt for the past 5 months in the Pacific North West, under a poncho at times, and while it may stand up to the occasional drizzle, the arms ultimately “wet-out” in as little as 15 minutes, and I start feeling the water soak into my silk weight shirt. However, it does dry fast, so I suppose that it would be acceptable to wear for fiar weather rain/intermittent rain. Am still looking for the ultimate after market DWR treatment to revitalize it’s water repellency.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!