Topic

Question re: Borah Gear Snowyside eVent Bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question re: Borah Gear Snowyside eVent Bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tim H
    BPL Member

@baldknobber2

I received my Snowyside eVent bivy from Borah Gear after a long wait (almost 9 weeks), and noticed that the seam attaching the eVent top and PU coated floor was not taped or had a sealant applied. I went ahead and gave it the kitchen sprayer test and sure enough, it leaked through 3 different places.

I emailed John, and he replied that they used to apply seam tape, but haven't in the last few years. He indicated he didn't seal his own bivy, and that most customers don't. Can anyone who owns one of these advise if they left theirs unsealed, or if they were inclined to perform this task themselves?

Seems it might be a good idea to disclose the lack of sealed seams on the product description on Borah Gear's website…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools