Topic

Pack Lids as fanny packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Pack Lids as fanny packs

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

I use my Zpacks Multi-Pack on a pretty much daily basis. Converts from lumbar/fanny pack to shoulder bag with no fiddling. Perfect size for a UL diaper bag, quick dayhikes with toddler, around-town errands, etc. Very important part of my backpacking kit since my back is taken up by a 22-lb kiddo! I wish he made a slightly larger one…like 6-8 liters. Then I'd be all set!

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

+1 to richardmay
    Very handy bag. IPad fits. crop DSLR fits. You can hang it off your shoulder straps using the enclosed straps or use it as a cross body bag. Quality zipper. Material is fairly stiff and holds it shape when loaded.

Bob Shaver
    BPL Member

@rshaver

Locale: West

I use the top lid / pocket from my REI flash backpacks as a shoulder carried pack, for fishing excursions and day hikes away from camp. They work great, with the addition of one little bitty strap. works for me.

Michael Samford
    Spectator

@msamford

Locale: Texas

Bob: Any chance you could post a photo of your setup? I have a Flash lid I would like to use as a shoulder pack. Thanks.

Thomas B
    BPL Member

@zenwalker

Hilarious.

Yeah gotta the love the Irish colloquiallisms! Never been there, but my family emigrated from there back in late 1800s.  WOuld be nice to hike the Emerald isle one day.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Thanks Jimmer, I like that ZPacks accessory bag. A few straps, buckles and a bit of sewing could make it work as a lid for my EXOS.

Eric B.

MikekiM
    BPL Member

@mikekim

Locale: Somewhere East of Montauk

Another vote for the Z-Packs Multi Pack.

I DIY’d one last year.. works great as a pack brain, hanging from the front of the pack, clipped to my belt as a pseudo fanny pack, with an amsteel dog bone double over and larksheaded as a shoulder strap..

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaronmcd

I also like the multi-pack. No way in hell I’d be caught dead wearing that around town though! For city hikes it’s always the Jansport so I don’t look like a dweeb.

Last weekend the wife and I did a short hike into a coastal campsite for 2 nights. We didn’t think ahead to bring a day pack, so I tied some cord onto the lid of the REI Flash. Worked great.for a 6 mile beach walk. The other option was using the tent stuffsack but I think the zippered pockets of the lid were a bit more convenient.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools