Topic

Harriman State Park NY weekender

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Harriman State Park NY weekender

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I just decided (like two seconds ago) to spend the weekend stomping around Harriman State Park. Bob Moulder helped me out last summer with some trip planning, and for whatever reason I only made out there that one time so far.

I'm planning on heading out after work Friday and staying at either the Tom Jones or Bald Rocks shelter. Saturday I am looking zig zag my way north to the Stockbridge shelter area. Hopefully water won't be much of an issue before the climb to Stockbridge along the Menomine Trail.

Sunday i'll head south along the western edge on the Long Path, AT, and several lesser trails.

The weather forecast looks perfect.

Christian Edstrom
    Spectator

@bjorn240

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Sounds great, but it's mother's day. As someone with a mother and married to a mother, that spells no overnights this weekend!

Joshua L
    Spectator

@augeleven

Locale: North Jersey

I did a solo overnight hike there a couple of weekends ago. I night hiked up to Bald Rocks and pretty much had it to myself. It was great hiking late at night, then early in the morning, as you avoid the inevitable crowd on that ridge which is what I saw on the way back to the car.
    Mother's Day weekend means a pre dawn hike for me. If I'm back by 10am it's like I never left!

Have fun and I'm jealous!

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i'm hoping to not run into crowds. i might be changing my trip a little bit, depending on timing and if others go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools