Topic

Haven net tent now 44″ wide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Haven net tent now 44″ wide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

I was this close to pulling the trigger on a Haven Tent over the weekend, when I noticed that the net tent is now 44" wide. Used to be 48".

I assume it was changed with weight reduction in mind, but it was a bad move IMO. Apparently the old 48" one could squeeze two 25" wide mats in there pretty easily; can't see that happening now. I'd much rather have the extra 4 inches of width, personally.

Anybody know when this changed? I'm just curious.

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

I think the change occurred only in the last month or two (when SMD finally received their shipment of new products which was held up at the LA docks – see their Facebook page). The Haven Tarp looks different too.

Check with Hike Light, they may still have the older version in stock if that's what you want:

http://www.hikelight.com/shelters.html

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Thanks for the info, John. I'll definitely check with Hike Light to see if they have any old versions in stock.

Adroit
    BPL Member

@adroit

Locale: Northeast US

Where did you see this info? I must have missed it.

2014 Haven net tent

Just for comparison for others…

-2014 Haven Net Tent-
    Bathtub width at head and foot end is 44".
    Bathtub width where the poles are vertical is 48".
    Weight is 13.80 ozs.
    2 25" pads.

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

^ Very informative photo, thanks. Looks like the large NeoAirs fit nicely.

The description on SMD's website is where it says 44in wide. It shows it in the image, and in the description…although it does say "…44in width of the peak…" which only suggests the floor width below the peak is also 44in.

The Net tent is also listed as 16oz now, vs. the 13.8oz measured above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools