Topic

How do I post my list?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists How do I post my list?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Boone
    BPL Member

@jnboone

I have it in Excel, and when I try to link the spreadsheet I get an error, and when I try to just copy and paste it, it looks like the width of this space messes everything up.

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

One way is to convert the spreadsheet contents into a picture image then post the picture.

Highlight the area you want to convert, hold down the shift key and select 'Edit' from the menu bar. Select 'Copy Picture…' from the drop-down menu. Open MS Paint and paste the picture waiting in the clipboard. Click and drag a corner or use the 'Image' tools to resize the picture as needed. Then save it. Post the picture to the forum using the 'Insert Image at Curser' button.

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

An easy way is to just install a PostScript Printer on your computer. In Excel this appears as another printer but the file you "print" goes to a *.pdf file.

To do this MIT suggests using PDFCreater (PDFCreator-0_9_3.exe) and GhostScript (gs854w32-gpl.exe).

Both can be downloaded from SourceForge for free:
    PDFCreator-0_9_3.exe
    gs854w32-gpl.exe

Of course you will have to have Administrator privileges on you computer to install.

Then you can add the PDF file to your BPL profile for all to see :)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

The cleanest way to do this is to copy the spreadsheet into a text file and then post the text file. Readers can re-import into Excel. Use tab separators.

Jeff Boone
    BPL Member

@jnboone

When you say copy to a text file would copying to Word do the trick?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> When you say copy to a text file would copying to Word do the trick?
    Sure, that works very well, but I don't know how well a DOC file posts to the Gear list section. If others know, pray tell.

Peter McDonough
    Spectator

@crazypete

Locale: Above the Divided Line

I use open office, which has a convert to pdf function included within the software.

Very easy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools