Topic

Big Sky Soul tent on Massdrop

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Valerie E BPL Member
PostedApr 28, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I just bought a Big Sky Mirage 1P, and their workmanship is truly excellent. Looking at it, you would NEVER know that they're a "cottage manufacturer"!

I do some sewing, which makes me a stickler for details, and they are, too. I also like that the tent comes ready-to-go (already seam-sealed), which is a nice bonus.

Tim H BPL Member
PostedApr 28, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I bought a Soul 1 person a few weeks ago, and had the opportunity to use it this past weekend. Like Valerie said, workmanship is excellent. I will admit I was a little nervous doing business with Big Sky after the events from a few years ago, but mine arrived a week after I ordered it. I would jump on that Massdrop deal if I needed a freestanding 2 person tent.

Turley BPL Member
PostedMay 2, 2015 at 4:24 am

"I will admit I was a little nervous doing business with Big Sky after the events from a few years ago, but mine arrived a week after I ordered it."

I really think Big Sky has fixed their previous issues in the customer service department as for the past year or two have not heard a negative comment….and both of my tent orders went smoothly with all emails answered promptly.

John Mc BPL Member
PostedMay 7, 2015 at 11:08 am

How is it getting in and out of the tent. I really like the size and weight, but I'm worried about rain getting in. Granted I always carry an umbrella when I expect rain so that'll help greatly while getting in and out.
I like how I can get a cuben fly and lighter poles. This tent could be a winner if I can keep the inside entry dry.

Thoughts?

Tim H BPL Member
PostedMay 7, 2015 at 2:30 pm

John, no problems with rain getting inside the interior, as I pitched the foot end into the wind. The water that does fall from the peak above the door falls into the vestibule.

BTW, Bob is correct about careful site selection. I was in a hurry (as it was raining), and didn't see a small rock. When rolling the tent up the next morning, I noticed a 1/8" hole in the floor. Lesson learned. Good thing I also bought the sil repair kit from Big Sky!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...