Topic

Not nearly STUPID enough! Sub 1oz Pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion Not nearly STUPID enough! Sub 1oz Pack?

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

If you have ever heard the real Aussie National Anthem, Waltzing Matilda, it is the name of the swag on the itinerant back.

Nothing new there… (UL before it was invented)

Aaron W
    BPL Member

@aaron-sorensen

I met a guy last year on his 2nd PCT thru-hike that had a leather fanby pack.  Said he gets a little cold at night but that was it.

Clothing was the jacket around his waist and a wp breathable 6 ounce survival bivy.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I ran into a guy on the PCT last year with a fanny pack.  Had a jacket around his waist and a wp breathable emergency bivy.

Said he got a little cold at night sometimrs.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Now there are two of you…

(welcome back….)

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Yes that’s right Franco, essentially what I was talking about is a swag. UL goes around, comes around :-) Old swagmen used to ride single speed bikes and fixies too and bike pack ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools