Topic

Shameless!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Shameless!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

Yet another plug for a personal website. This is my new website and I have never put together a site before. It has some links to a few other good websites for backpacking, a blog, and pics of some of my own projects. Please give me any and all feedback both good and bad welcomed and wanted. Thanks all!

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Where is that shameless website of yours? :-)
    S.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Colton Gardner

@outdoorhighadventure

Locale: Utah

It is a really good site! First of all though, you could get rid of the first example post on your blog. Something you could do is visit http://www.netmechanic.com/products/HTML_Toolbox_FreeSample.shtml and put in the pages, and it will tell you if you have any spelling or html error and other problems like load time. Everything looks pretty clean, but you might want to do that anyways! Great site otherwise! While visiting Light Weight Backpacking, visit my site at Outdoor High Adventure!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Is the weebly site linked above Kyle's site? Or did John Shannon shamelessly plug his own site into Kyle's shameless thread? (Kind of reminds me of those mean birds who lay their eggs in the nests of other birds — then fly away.)

Kidding aside, when visiting personal websites, I am always curious about the site owners. Would be nice if the owner can tell us a bit about himself — in addition to some of his gear. :)

Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

Haha, no Ben, being the man of whits that i am, when i first made the post i didn't put my address in the post, so John just posted the name of the site for me (thanks John by the way). The site hasn't been up dated in awhile and i will most definantely be taking your advice and posting some info about myself on there in the near future. I, however, stepped on my camera the other day and broke the screen and can't take any pics so i am in the market for a new one or trips and the website. sorry for the confusion.

Kyle

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Sorry about your camera mishap! Now might be the perfect time to add a biographical page to your site…

Have fun shopping for your new camera.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

My burning ears led me straight here…I might even be that anonymous poster who is trying to sell you some shoes on this forum…hmmm

Ben hazes,
    "Or did John Shannon shamelessly plug his own site into Kyle's shameless thread? (Kind of reminds me of those mean birds who lay their eggs in the nests of other birds — then fly away.)"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools