Topic

Creamy Mushroom Mashed Potatoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Creamy Mushroom Mashed Potatoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

It's Tuesday, so you know it is time for Tater Tuesday! Todays recipe will fill you up nicely and give you a good shot of potassium to ward off leg cramps as you fall asleep.

This recipe features Simply Organic's Mushroom Sauce mix and Fungus Among Us's organic dried Crimini mushrooms. The recipe is easy to make, and is suitable for many diets (vegetarian, reasonable sodium levels).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Creamy Mushroom mashed Potatoes:

In a quart freezer bag put:

3/4 cup instant mashed potatoes
    2 Tbsp dry milk
    2 Tbsp dried mushrooms, crumbled
    2 tsp mushroom gravy mix
    1 tsp dried chives
    1 Tbsp dried onions
    black pepper, couple grinds

Also take:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1 ounce string cheese

Add the olive oil and 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Stir well, add in the string cheese, diced up. Stir again and let sit till cool enough to eat.
    Serves 1 as dinner or 2 as a side dish.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Sounds great, just need to convert the US ingredients to Danish ingredients and I will have a meal for a long trip I am planning.

By the way where did you get the spoon? It seems Orikaso does not sell them.

Thanks Sarah

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Roger, They are actually made by Fozzils, which uses a similar type of material. When they came out on the market I fell in love with them :-) (To the point that I sell them on my website as well)
    Fozzils got a nice mention in Decembers issue of Backpacker Magazine, along with my business and also Trail Designs as well!

On the mushroom sauce, you can sub it with mushroom gravy, any brand. I just prefer Simply Organic due to it not having MSG!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools