Topic

Unpowered exoskeleton “boots” make human walking 7% more efficient

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Unpowered exoskeleton “boots” make human walking 7% more efficient

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland

Interesting development possibly of interest to those who find walking difficult whether due to age or injury. I think this is an area we will see many more developments leading to commercial products in the next decade or so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-32152602

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

I would think that simple exercising would allow a 7% increase in most anyone. But the overall thought process is good. Thanks!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

This is what I need. My left ankle was injured badly when I was young and has been degrading over time. It's been some time since I could hike and last fall I finally had a it rebuilt. But it didn't go so great and now it's almost worse than it was before surgery. Walking the two blocks to work is pretty hard as the ankle rolls and pops under load. I need some robot boots like this asap at least one for the left.

-Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools