Topic

Exped DownMat UL 7 (M) @ REI – $123.73

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
M BPL Member
PostedApr 4, 2015 at 4:47 pm

The Exped DownMat UL 7 (M) is on sale for $123.72 at REI’s Deal of the Week page.

If you haven’t used your 20% off member coupon for outlet items, that would bring it down to $98.97. With all the talk about Exped’s newest pads, this is still one heck of a deal!

Jim C BPL Member
PostedApr 4, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Incidentally, I was actually able to use my 20% discount twice on two separate full price purchases (Synamt Hyperlite and Winterlite) at REI.com.

I felt a little uneasy using it twice, I'll be honest, but just putting this out there for anyone who has already used their code and still wants to take advantage of a really good deal on a great mat.

JCH BPL Member
PostedApr 5, 2015 at 5:33 am

Interested in your ability to use the 20% coupon twice, I headed over to REI as I had just used both my dividend and coupon on Apr 3.

It seems that the site is retaining the coupon code and the 20% is being deducted automatically without any coupon entry, nor any opportunity to enter a coupon. It is impossible for me to pay the normal non-discounted price! Reading the details of the coupon, there is no mention of single use that I can find.

From this one can only assume that the coupon is valid on as many separate purchases as one cares to make. No idea if this is what REI intended, but this is what they are, in effect, offering.

Joshua Abel BPL Member
PostedApr 7, 2015 at 12:41 pm

"there is no mention of single use that I can find."

everywhere the coupon is listed (on the website) it says "20% off on one full-price item" (keyword being: one)

but if you can use it more than once, more power to you.

JCH BPL Member
PostedApr 7, 2015 at 3:59 pm

The point I was trying to make was that after entering the coupon the first time, the website will not allow one to pay full price…it keeps applying the coupon and there does not appear to be anyway to disable that.

I have no interest in using the coupon a second time, but the fact is that it is currently impossible for one NOT to use it. I just checked, and this behavior continues.

JCH BPL Member
PostedApr 7, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Now determined to get to the bottom of this, I contacted REI customer service.

When I placed the original order there was an odd $75 "oversized shipping" charge. Customer service agreed the extra charge was in error and instructed me to place the order via phone as they were unable to correct the web pricing on the spot. It appears that the coupon is still being applied since the online order was never completed, even though I emptied the cart.

Hopefully REI IT will fix this as it is sure to cost them some money.

Jim C BPL Member
PostedApr 8, 2015 at 12:17 am

Looks like it has been fixed. With no intention of actually ordering anything, I placed a full priced item in my cart, proceded far enough to enter the coupon code, and then got the message "This coupon has already been used up."

Jeff M. BPL Member
PostedApr 8, 2015 at 11:19 am

Great deal, thanks for posting it. I'm going to compare this to my MW Synmat Winterlite and see which I prefer.

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedApr 12, 2015 at 8:44 pm

The Backcountry.com code from the above post is SPRING20

Jeff M. BPL Member
PostedApr 14, 2015 at 8:09 pm

If anyone missed out on this deal and wants one, hit me up. I have one that I think I'm going to return and I'd be happy to pass it on to someone here who wants it. I think it came to around $106 shipped. I can pass it along at cost. I'll hold on to it for a few days and then return it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...