Topic

trek***?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) trek***?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

I saw a poncho worn by another hiker the other day, and thought I could google it and get one. It covered her pack and was quite long. It said Trekka or Treksta or something like that. Anyone recognize what the brand might be?
    Kelly

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The Packa? ( http://www.thepacka.com )

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

Not Packa. I should have thought to say that. It was definitely Trek something.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

If you go to Europe, EVERY poncho looks like that. They know what they are doing.

Cheers

Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland
    Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Looks more like a rain coat shaped to go over a pack. It looks like it would keep the rain out well but I think the more traditional poncho vents better which is why I carry a poncho. So lets redesign the poncho till it becomes a raincoat ya they know how to do things. ;) Cheers

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

And on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/SnugPak-92286-Snugpak-Patrol-Poncho/dp/B001B8HKJY/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1427120358&sr=8-46&keywords=poncho

Haters can hate, but I tried one of these and all the expensive double/triple layer waterproof breathables are in the closet – while my friends were wet through due to their expensive jackets wetting out completely, I was nice and dry, and not overheating because there is this magical thing called "taking the time to bring some nice cool air up into the poncho without taking it off" paired with "not trying to hike like your tail's on fire."

It looks dorky as anything. But I don't care. I'm dry when I use it. It doesn't blow around or require "special care." I hosed it off to get mud spatters off it and let it dry.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Not a trekka or treksta but it's the same idea , under 10 oz and cheap Bluefield One Piece Raincoat Cape Backpack Cover

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

As usual — Link for the win!!!!

I have one of those in the closet, and I'm very seriously thinking of using it for the CT (I might shorten it a bit, though). Glad to hear Lori had such a great experience with it.

And special thanks to Lori for my daily chuckle ("like your tail is on fire" ahahahahaha). :^D

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Anna

Looks like a copy of my design, but maybe a shade longer.
    Yeah, the design works great.
    The fabric is a bit heavy: we need a UL version.

Cheers

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

Thanks everyone!
    Kelly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools