Topic

Looking for some old Momentum 90 T taffeta/TG Intrepid/Quarktex 20D taffeta

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Looking for some old Momentum 90 T taffeta/TG Intrepid/Quarktex 20D taffeta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edward Barton
    BPL Member

@porosantihodos

Locale: Boston

I'm looking for some of this discontinued fabric from Thru-hiker and elsewhere. I'll take any amount up to 6 yards or so.

Thanks, Ed

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

did you ask Paul from thru-hiker? He sometimes has small quantities not advertised on internet.

Thomas Conly
    BPL Member

@conly

Locale: Lots of canoeing and snow

Hey Ed,
    Have you looked at any of the fabric from ripstop by the roll? I really like the old M90 from Thru-Hiker, but the fabric from RBTR is more breathable. It might be a fine substitute. I ordered a sample pack from them and was very impressed.

Edward Barton
    BPL Member

@porosantihodos

Locale: Boston

Thanks I'll try RBTR.

Jerry I did ask Paul, and he didn't have any or have a connection.

I'm interested in the M90 T because Richard tested it some time ago as having a hydrostatic head in the 900s. I'm making a kind poncho bivy, sort of like the old hilleberg bivanorak, but modular, perhaps with a foot that converts to pants if I can figure out the design. I'm looking for something without a coating and around 1000-1500mm water-resistant, perhaps to bring in lieu of rain or wind jackets/pants in mild weather.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools