Topic

Need boot/crampon/ice axe suggestions for the tall

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Need boot/crampon/ice axe suggestions for the tall

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Okay, I am slowly going to get into alpine hiking, maybe going towards mountianeering and summitting. It is not that I might summit some day and I just have never really felt the need to yet but I would like the options open for the future. I would like some assistance and suggestions for different pieces of gear. I would like to get some light weight ones but it if it is only three ounces between something of limited durability and something that will last 3x longer, I would want to go with something that will last 3x longer. I really don't know what to look for so I would like any information people could pass on to me. Thanks.

For boots I need something that will be in either a 14 or 15 for US or a 13 for general issue Army. The same goes with the crampons.

Ice Axe. I am 6'5".

Robert Mohid

@mohid

How steep do you/would you like to go ?
    What kind of terrain? rock mostly, snow with some ice, alpine ice?

I would build your gear from there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools